Good to know - Frequently asked questions
1. When must I check-in?
You should check-in at least 45 min before departure. Otherwise, you may be refused boarding. We strongly recommend you to arrive between 1h30 and 2h before the departure time in order to avoid long queues. Tunis to Marseille check-in is at least 60 minutes prior to departure for Foot Passengers, and 3 hours prior to departure for all other passengers.
2. What documents are required for travel?
Please consult the “Essential documents” section on our website:
3. Are pregnant women allowed to travel?
We recommend women who are less than 12 weeks pregnant to consult a doctor before travelling. Women who are more than 28 weeks pregnant at the time of travel are required to produce a medical certificate of fitness to travel. The Carrier reserves the right to request a medical certificate at any stage of pregnancy and to refuse passage if the Carrier and/or the Master are is/not satisfied that the Passenger will be safe during the passage.
4. My vehicle exceeds the maximum dimensions proposed by your reservation system. What should I do?
In this case, please call Customer Services on 0844 576 8836
5. What are the procedures to travel with a pet?
We invite you to check the Pet Travel section on our website:
6. How do I get to the port? Is there any parking?
Please consult our Port Guides for details:
7. Can I have a roof rack for bikes on my car?
Yes, if the loaded height is included in the overall dimensions of the vehicle.
8. Can I change my currency onboard?
Yes, change machines are available onboard our UK - France ferries.
9. Is Smoking allowed onboard?
Smoking is not permitted in public areas, shops, restaurants, cabins and inside the ships in general. Weather permitting, passengers are allowed to smoke on the outside decks. Smoking may also be prohibited in certain outside deck areas. Please pay attention to onboard signage.
10. Can we board with a LPG vehicle?
Cars powered by LPG should have tanks switched off whilst on vehicle decks.
11. Can I use my mobile phone whilst at sea? Is a Wi-Fi Internet connection available onboard?
On some of our vessels an offshore mobile phone network and WiFi Internet service is provided by On-Waves, via a satellite connection. Passengers are advised to consult On-Waves for applicable charges prior to using the services.
1. Do we necessarily have to book a ticket in advance?
It is not compulsory to pre-book a ticket and one can be purchased at the port of departure. However, LD Lines will not be able to guarantee you an available place and you will miss out on our best deals.
2. I booked my ticket and I would like to make some amendments. Is this possible?
Definitely! You just need to go to the section called “Amend your booking” and be in possession of your booking number and your email address. Here is the link to amend your booking:
Amend your booking
3. Will I need to pay additional costs for amendments / cancellations on my ticket?
An administration fee of £10/12,50€ will be payable for any change to the booking (time and day of departure, itinerary, number of passengers, vehicle type, etc..). Some amendments may be subject to an extra charge due to the difference between the initial charge and the current fare at the time of the amendment. Where the change is made to a less expensive crossing, the difference will not give right to a refund. Special offers may be subject to specific amendment fees and sales conditions.
4. How do I know if my booking is confirmed?
Once your booking is complete, you should receive a confirmation email within 15 minutes. If within an hour you have not received a confirmation email we invite you to call our Customer Service team on 0844 576 8836.
5. I am already in possession of an online ticket but I just made an amendment on it. Will I receive a new ticket?
Sure! As soon as you modify your ticket, a new one will be immediately sent.
6. Is it possible to book a special cabin for disabled or reduced mobility passengers?
Indeed you can book a cabin for disabled passengers (Telephone bookings only / proof of disability may be requested). For more information please consult our section “Facilities for the Disabled” on our website:
Assistance to disabled travellers
7. Can I book online an overnight crossing without accommodations?
For overnight crossings on our Portsmouth – Le Havre and Saint Nazaire – Gijón routes you are required to book accommodation. You can choose whether this is a free standard seat or cabin, depending on availability and your budget.
8. Is cancellation insurance available when booking my crossing?
As tickets are non refundable, cancellation insurance is suggested when booking. Thanks to a partnership between LD Lines and Mondial Assistance, you can now buy comprehensive travel insurance for your trip (cancellation, assistance for people and vehicles, etc) whilst purchasing your ferry crossing on the LDLines website.
Please see http://ldline.co.uk/good-to-know/insurance
Our good deals
1. What payment methods are accepted for bookings?
If you book online the only method of payment is a credit or debit card. If you book at the port you can pay by credit or debit card or cash.
2. Is there additional cost if I pay by debit or credit card?
There is no additional charge when paying by debit card, there is an additional charge when paying by credit card.